First Day PreK 2022-2023

Monday,  August 22, 2022 

It's a nice day for the start of PreK. 

As of this morning I still hadn't finished typing up my route.  I took about an hour this morning to finish that and made a call to Lil' Cubs to verify who would be riding this year and give them their stop times.

At 10:20 I gathered my things and headed out the door, dressed in my new "school clothes." You know,  first day and all. I'm excited for new beginnings.  

Bus #27 is my chariot for the year.  I'm sharing with Balie this year so I don't have to swap buses when the Horse Therapy kids take #21. It will be different not sharing with Wendy,  but we'll see what this new year brings. 

I wanted to give myself a full 30 minutes to re-familiarize myself and go over the bus.  I hadn't really driven #27 for a couple of years. The floors could use a good mopping and seats 3 & 4 on the driver's side have some damage,  but it should be a nice ride for us this year. It's weird to be back to using a manual door and I accidentally set off the alarm,  but I should be able to settle in quickly. 
I got my paperwork in order and carefully adjusted the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel.  I'm determined to be as nice to my aggravated right hip as possible this year. I got my paperwork in order,  posted my route up where I could see it, and pulled up to the school 5 minutes to 11:00.

Kaci was there,  ready and waiting. I handed her a copy of the route and we went over details. Today is the typical not-typical first day.  Many parents will be driving their kids today so they can get pictures.  I won't get a good feel for how the route runs in real time until tomorrow or Monday. 

Before I knew it our new crew was piling out the doors.  I forgot to ask Lydia if she would do name tags on the kids again this year. I was hoping she would stand by the door and tell me who each one was,  but she got tied up talking to a parent and the kids were were not going to wait. I resorted to asked each child their name as they got on.  We wouldn't want to mix up and leave the wrong kid at the wrong house! In all actuality the kids know more than we give them credit for. They are usually pretty got to tell me,  "I'm not Elliot" and "That isn't my house."

Blaise VonVelhuisen is out first stop. We had his brother Kaiser a few years ago. Their mom,  Dani VonV. is working for Cordell Chiropractic so we'll be pulling through the parking lot behind Jacam and letting him off near the back door of Cordell's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...