Long-lost Treasure

 I found all kinds of ancient trash on the floor and seats of Bus #29 today. It appears to have been pulled from deep in the corners of the seats, almost like a squirrel got loose in the bus. Among the rubbish I found this treasure: A 1 Place 4-speaker State Debate Medal from 2015.

I posted my find in our Bus Driver group chat. Rick responded, "Are you sure it's not just a scheme to get the buses deep cleaned? My grandpa "planted" a silver dollar in his garden where I was sure to find it while pulling weeks. We never found and more but he had the most weed free garden around." 🤣


Surely someone has been missing this!

I've been seriously baffled at how the trash would have gotten there in that manner and the medal would be right on the seat in plain sight? 🤔 Then it dawned on me. This summer I saw the doors to one of the buses wide open on several occasions. It was the bus on the far right which would have been either #29 or #30. I bet we did have a little squirrel visitor who came and went as he pleased for a little while. How nice of him to help us clean out our nooks and crannies.


Update: The medal has been returned to its rightful owner! I sent to to school with Alexis to give to Mrs. Dutton. If anyone would know who this treasure belonged to it would be Betsy. Apparently, Kacie Wilson has been lamenting her missing medal for years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...