Morning Train, New Student: Amilya, Forgetful Jim

I subbed for Balie this morning.  Her route looks quite a bit like last year, except out-of-district students we used to pick up are being asked to come in to two designated stops. Corvin SanMiguel is one of those.  He was at the access road off Ave S & K-14 ready as de waiting for me.  I asked where Balie normally stops for that pickup today was his first time riding all year and he didn't know. 

Justin Bagby got tall over summer break! That seems to happen to a lot of 8th graders.

I got blocked by a parked train near the  Ethanol plant.  We had to turn around and go around the mile block to get past it.


Maxwell's had their pet pig out to say "Hi" this morning. That thing cracks me up.

There were to families waiting at the new out-of-district stop at the church just past Ave S on 22nd. It's actually a pretty great location for a bus stop. 

Other than that all was business as usual. I did ask Laikyn so say hello to Vivian for me since I didn't get to see her before I left this morning.
 
 

We added a new student to our PreK route. She's a foster child who is staying with Kevin & Ashley Laudermilk and will be dropped off at Lil' Cubs. Lydia called me on Friday to fill me in on a little bit of necessary information. Her birth mom was a student in Sterling at one point and could possibly have current ties here. The Laudermilk's are really concerned that Mom may show up at some point and try to take Amilya, so Kaci will be walking her all the way into little cubs each day. We both have a picture of the mom so we can be on the watch. 

With all of that background I thought maybe today might be a little more eventful, but in all actuality today was pretty routine. Amilya got on like she knew just what to do. Nothing else about the route today was worth noting.   Oh, except that the rain this weekend made a bit difference in reviving the landscape. The vegetation isn't nearly so parched now.

I had a message waiting from Jim confirming that I was not planning to sub for Balie this afternoon. It's Monday so that means I have piano lessons after school, but it takes a bit each year for him to remember that. When I saw I was subbing for Balie today and that she was leaving at 7:00am with the cheerleaders I assumed only an AM sub was needed since I'd already emailed my piano lesson schedule AND given it to everyone at the bus meeting. Yesterday when Balie messaged me the info for her route she mentioned driving in the afternoon and I told her it wasn't me because I had piano. She messaged Jim, who didn't get back to either of us. But then Susan messaged Balie about driving her afternoon route. Then I get this message from Jim today asking if I was planning to drive. I don't quite understand why it has to be so complicated, but hopefully everything is worked out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...