XC Practice

 

I'm hanging out with Pamela Simpson, Abby Giles and their cross country team this afternoon. They've got a full crew this year with quite a few more runners than they had last year. Pamela likes to take her team out to different locations each Tuesday for a little bit of "hill" practice that her runners can't get around town. This afternoon we are down by Jessica Schmidt's house on 17th Road and Ave Y. There's an access road down there that leads to Brian and Nancy (Pamela's sister) Inwood's property down by the river. 

I got a chuckle out of Pamela's instructions to her runners. "We'll be running down a path through the corn fields. It's not my corn. Don't touch it. Schecter's have cows out in the pasture right now. There's an electric wire fence around them. It's HOT! Don't touch it. I know most of you are smarter than that but I don't want to see anyone daring some city freshman to do touch the live wire." Good times.

In past years I've driven for all of the XC practices, but with Alexis in HS volleyball this year this is the only practice I'm available for. Alexis is actually playing in Sedgwick today, and I was hoping I might be able to catch a stream of her games while the team was out on their run. I spent the entire time unsuccessfully trying to find a live stream that worked. I think I may have even subscribed to some bogus even links that were set up to look like streams of actual high school sporting events. The links required a $1 subscription to "verify location." I tried three times before suspecting it was a scam. I can't believe the effort that hackers put into this. I convincing links to legitimate high school sporting events posted on YouTube every hour the day or so leading up to the event. The name associate with each was different but many of them look middle-eastern. So weird! I'll be canceling my credit card and asking for a new one to be issued in the very new future.

 

I'll be canceling my credit card in the very near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...