Picture Day

 It's picture day. My preschoolers all look so nice and cleaned up in their picture day clothes. All that is except Ronin who got on the bus from Lil' Cubs with his shirt all kinds of colors of lunch. His mom is in for a fun surprise. Kallie's rose colored, ruffle sleeved jumper was especially cute. 

Kaci says she had a epic mom fail and forgot it was picture day. She usually has Linlee dressed to the 9s on any given regular day so I bet it's not as bad as she thinks. But she feels really bad about it.

I got a message from Olivia Glass's mom, Dorothy Mead this morning stating that she really needed my help getting Olivia to Alden today. She was home, not working at Lil' Cubs like usual, and she didn't have a car. I told her I was sorry but I couldn't alter the route like that or the entire PM preschool would be 20 minutes late to class. I suggested she call a family member, friend, or neighbor. My heart ached for her the entire route and I contemplated telling her that as an individual and not as an employee of the district, I could pick Olivia up in my personal vehicle and bring her home. The only draw back was that I went straight from my route to a funeral in Hutch and wouldn't be back in town until around 3:00.

My heart broke even more when after my route I found a message stating that she didn't have a family member, friend, or neighbor she could call on. I know how that feels. It helped me see how far I've come and how blessed I am to not be in that situation anymore. Dorothy said she'd call the district office and see what could be worked out. I haven't heard anything so I assume some solution was found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...