Homecoming Assembly

 It's Homecoming Week! This afternoon there was an assembly up at the high school and the grade school children were invited to attend. They were told to wear Black Bear gear, which I forgot all about. My girls were in their normal non-black bear clothes. I could see from the colors on the playground that they were among the very few who were not in black, grey and white. I contemplated running home after my route and dropping of shirts for them. Or possibly taking them to the assembly to throw on really quickly. As the day played out that never happened, but Vivian didn't care one bit and Isabel never mentioned it.

Aylise was wearing an adorable pre-school sized Black Bear cheer outfit that I'm sure her Grandma Tommer embroidered.

Mr. Riffel reached out to Wendy who reached out to the other drivers about shuttling the younger students up to the assembly. There was text conversation bouncing back and forth throughout the day. I first heard from Ms. Lydia asking if I could bus the preschoolers. Then, Balie and I worked out that she would pick up a big bus and I would take the shorter one, then I'd switch her for her route and go park the big bus for her. Then I called her because I realized that didn't make much sense. I would be better for her to leave the big bus at the school then go park it after her route because she'd have a car parked up at the lot. Then Wendy called saying we didn't really need to be taking four different buses and could I just use a big bus and take preK and kindergarten. That meant Balie wasn't driving a shuttle at all. Since I was still trying to emotionally process everything we learned from Isaac's heart doctor this morning I called Balie and asked if she wouldn't mind driving preK and Kindy instead. So after all that back and forth all day, I ended up not driving at all. Earlier today I had thought to get a picture of the grade-schoolers at the assembly that I could use for this post, but I ended up spending the afternoon at home napping off some emotional exhaustion.

Isabel and Vivian said the assembly was fun. Mostly because Mrs. Beagley dressed in full football gear and tackled her son who is a player. Some of the other football mom's did as well, but Mrs. Beagely is special because she's Vivian's teacher. 

Oh, also, Balie left a bag of wire hangers on the bus for us to give to Dani VonV. I believe she's getting clothing ready for the upcoming consignment sale. Just a little something out of the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...