To Jim: Confused about Robert

 Tuesday, January 21, 2020

8:18pm Jim: Balie will be back there at 11:00.

8:21pm Me: Thank you! Also, I know you have an awful lot going on, but is there any way we could visit sometime tomorrow? I'm really surprised and confused about what's going on with Robert. I'd like to understand where all of this is coming from.

8:27 pm Jim: I'd be happy to talk to you first thing in the morning. I have to go to a meeting at 9 and will be gone most of the day. I probably won't be able to answer your questions, but I can tell you his situation has nothing whatsoever to do with Thursday's trip.

8:38 pm Me: Thanks. I'm regrettably not available first thing in the morning. I was able to visit with a couple of board members today who said just about the same thing as you before encouraging me to visit with you. There must be much that I'm not seeing because he has been so good for me to work with. I guess at this point all I can ask is that his many years of dedicated service to the district and the community will be considered. If separation is inevitable I hope it will be handled as respectfully as possible. After so many years a dishonorable discharge seems unfair and rather bitter to swallow. 

8:51 pm Jim: You are a good and loyal person and I appreciate your comments. The worst part of my job is having to make decisions that negatively affect people and their families, and not be able to explain why. I promise you I have taken those factors into consideration and I have been sick to my stomach since Monday morning, but my recommendation has to be based on what is best for our students and the district.

8:52 pm Me: He was just so close to retiring as it is. I know this is tough. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magnet

Balie must have had trouble with the papers falling on her while driving too. Fancy new types schedule held up by a much stronge...